Wow, I (Hayley) can hardly believe that it’s five years since Quiet Connections was officially born!
Of course, long before Quiet Connections was born, the seed of an idea started forming and I took great time to adjust to the concept of being a (reluctant) business ‘mother’ in an extended gestation period that significantly rivalled that of an elephants… something many Quietpreneurs can relate to, I hear!
That little seed was a simple desire to feel seen and heard, understood and equal as someone who was quieter, highly sensitive and anxious in social situations -and realising (with great surprise!) that I wasn’t alone in this.
Quiet Connections was, and still is, a striving for temperament fairness, founded on a belief that everyone is of equal value and we are all worthy, whether we speak loudly or softly, little or often. It’s about creating a sense of safety in connection, and offering invitations to participate in our own way, at our own pace.
We truly believe that this is what makes being a part of something and getting the support we need in life accessible. It’s overlooked and undervalued in so many places today, but not here.
The most heartening part of our journey is, naturally, the ripple effect of Quiet Connections! Yes, we’ve supported thousands of people through coaching, courses, webinars and social gatherings, increasing their self-acceptance, confidence and friendships, and progressing their education and careers; with many going on to create their own ripple effect, making spaces more ‘Quieteer friendly’, advocating for others, and holding space for others, inviting them to step into that space when they’re ready.
And we’ve also seen other professionals learning from us, through official training, conversations, working alongside us and observing our practice, and changing the way that they work, and reframing the way that they view ‘quiet’ as a result!
So, as we enter our 5th year of Quieteering together, I’m here to say a big heartfelt THANK YOU to you for walking this path with us.
- Thank you to the Quieteers who trust us as fellow explorers in your unique journeys on the path of personal growth, and who are part of our quiet community gently connecting with and supporting others.
- Thank you to those of you who support us through spreading the word, engaging with us on social media, and generally being awesome Quiet cheerleaders!
- Thank you to the change makers who are starting important conversations that raise awareness or challenge the status quo; who look to create space and invitations for other Quieteers; and celebrate ‘quiet’ strengths and insights.
- Thank you to all of our incredible team members, past and present, who offer so much safety, compassion and support to our Quieteers, bringing their curiosity, creativity, courage and unique wisdom into Quiet Connections.
- Thank you to the social prescribers and other professionals who see the value of Quiet Connections and spread the word through signposting, and to Positive People Change Coaches for working with us over the past four years as a specialist partner funding coaching sessions for those who are unemployed and couldn’t otherwise access one-to-one support.
- Thank you to the trainers, mentors and coaches who have worked with our team, challenging our thinking and way of being, stretching our comfort zones, and increasing our professional toolkits and ability to take bold action.
- And thank you to the special people who supported me personally on my path to becoming the coach, researcher and unforeseen leader that I am today, for seeing the light in me and reflecting that so that I may see it too, for helping me work through my self-doubt and always guiding me back to my inner compass.
I have always considered Quiet Connections to be a ‘research project’. We are all learning and growing, and working in an under-studied arena. But one thing I know for sure is that ‘none of us are better than all of us’ (thank you NLP!). We always achieve more in our togetherness, and it’s clear that our collective impact grows every year.
Together, we are leading the way in championing equality and safe spaces that celebrates quietude and sensitivity and allows us to be who we truly are.
YOU are a leader in Quieteering. YOU are Team Quiet.
Join the Celebration
If you live in or you’re visiting Cornwall, we would love you to join us for a Quiet Birthday Celebration on Thursday 12th May 2022! Our birthday meet up is at Carnglaze Caverns near Liskeard. We’ll be taking a short walk around the grounds, having a picnic under the QC gazebo with birthday cake, and exploring the caverns (all optional activities).
Tell us how Quiet Connections has impacted you, or how you're joining in the quiet ripple effect by commenting below or emailing us at [email protected]!
Join us at our next Quiet Meet Up
If you live in or you’re visiting Cornwall, we would love you to invite you to join us at our Quiet Meet Up's!
Our meet up's are for gently connecting those of us who consider ourselves to be quieter, more introverted, highly sensitive, socially anxious or shy, in a space where it's okay to talk and it's okay to be quiet too.
Stay quietly connected with us 😊
Get the latest news stories, tips & offers from Team Quiet straight to your inbox
You can unsubscribe at any time. Your information will not be shared for any reason.