Falmouth Quiet Connections
Join us for a regular Quiet Meet Up in Falmouth where it's okay to talk, and it's okay to be quiet too. Every Wednesday 6-8pm
Weekly Community Group in Falmouth
Every Wednesday 6pm-8pm from 11th May 2022
A weekly group with optional activities to help you gently connect with others, discover new friendships, stretch your comfort zone, try new things and feel like you belong.
Please register below to let us know you are coming.
You’ll be part of a friendly group of like-minded individuals with similar feelings and stories in a relaxed and welcoming environment. Use the time and space to quietly connect and enjoy yourself in a way that feels comfortable for you. We'll supply some optional activities and feel free to bring a book, crochet, or anything else you'd like to do while you're here too!
We know how scary it can be meeting new people and going to new places so we believe that getting as far as the car park and through the door is a huge win for many of us! There's no need to set a big goal to speak and participate, you're invited to go at your own pace.
What to Expect
Hi, I'm Michele and I'm running the group in Helston.
Our regular Quiet Meet Up groups are a safe space for those of us who are quieter and feel anxious in social situations. In becoming part of our quiet community, you'll feel a sense of belonging and develop a genuinely understanding peer support network, making new friends and supporting each other as you stretch your comfort zones and grow together.
Here's what you can expect:
- It's okay to talk, and it's okay to be quiet too. We understand that you may prefer to ease into conversation gradually, or that some days you might like to sit quietly with a good book whilst still in the company of others. We welcome quietude and chatter.
- We encourage you to go at your own pace. There's never any pressure to participate more than what feels right and good for you.
- You can observe first. Want to get a feel for the group or an activity before deciding you want to have a go? Great, you absolutly can do that!
- We provide conversation starters on the tables. Because we know that getting to know new people can be challenging! So we've done the tricky part for you, and provided some interesting (and playful!) questions that you can ask your neighbour.
- We run optional activities each week! From wellbeing, to creativity, to practising your social abilities. There'll be something new for you to have a go at, stretch your comfort zone and help grow your confidence. And you can bring your own books, crochet etc. along too!
- There's teas, coffee's and hot chocolates. Because... well you can't really have a meet up without them!
Where to Find Us
Huddle Cafe, 33 Church Street, Falmouth, TR11 3DX
Huddle Cafe is located in Falmouth high street next to Church of King Charles the Martyr, Falmouth.
- From Asda take the A39 into Falmouth - 3 Miles
- Turn left onto Kimberly Park Road
- Follow the road down into and through Falmouth town, where you will come across the car parks listed below and Huddle Cafe on the right.
Falmouth Town Station is an 8 minute walk (0.4 Miles)
Buses run daily to Falmouth from most local towns. There is a circular bus route around Falmouth (366 & 367 services) run by OTS.
- Custom House Quay Car Park (0.1 miles) Church Street, Falmouth, TR11 3JT
- All days 5pm - Midnight (Accessible after 4pm)
- Evening Session - £1.70
- Well Lane Car Park (0.1 Miles) Ortschaft, New St, Falmouth, TR11 3HX
- All days 5pm - Midnight
- Evening Session - £1.70
- Maritime Museum Car Park (0.3 miles), Avenue Rd, Falmouth TR11
- £2 per hour. Pay on exit.
(Fees accurate at time of posting)
The whole cafe is our space in the evening, so you know that it's only us Quieteers in the room when you walk through the door into the cafe.
There's a toilet just outside of the room (through the grey doors in the photo above) which you can use at any time.
When you arrive, you'll be greeted by Michele (see her photo above) and Daniel (tall, bearded guy with dark hair).
If you would rather be met outside of the cafe, so you have someone to walk in with, we can help with that - just send Michele a message at [email protected] to let us know this will be helpful, and she will arrange this for you.
Please pick the date that you would like to attend the group on the calendar. You'll want to reserve your space each time you attend.
When you register, Michele will reach out to you ahead of your first time joining the group to say hello and help ease any anxieties you may have around coming, help connect you with others, and answer any questions you have.
You may also email Michele at [email protected] if you have any questions or want a chat before joining to put you at ease, or just to see if this gathering is what you're looking for.
Important: Covid-19 Safety Instructions
For the safety of our group, please do not attend if you or someone you live with:
- have tested positive for Covid
- are waiting on results of a Covid-19 test
- have any Covid symptoms including any type of new cough; a temperature or feeling hot to touch; a change in sense of smell or taste; headache; sore throat; or an unusually runny nose or sneezing
- Our team will take rapid lateral flow tests before attending. Where possible, please take a test prior to coming along to reduce the risk of Covid-19 at this event further. Thank you for your help to keep all our participants and their loved ones safe.