Falmouth Quiet Connections
Join us for a regular Quiet Meet Up in Falmouth where it's okay to talk, and it's okay to be quiet too. Every Wednesday 6-8pm
Weekly Community Group in Falmouth
Every Wednesday 6pm-8pm
A weekly group with optional activities to help you gently connect with others, discover new friendships, stretch your comfort zone, try new things and feel like you belong.
Please register below to let us know you are coming.
You’ll be part of a friendly group of like-minded individuals with similar feelings and stories in a relaxed and welcoming environment. Use the time and space to quietly connect and enjoy yourself in a way that feels comfortable for you. We'll supply some optional activities and feel free to bring a book, crochet, or anything else you'd like to do while you're here too!
We know how scary it can be meeting new people and going to new places so we believe that getting as far as the car park and through the door is a huge win for many of us! There's no need to set a big goal to speak and participate, you're invited to go at your own pace.
What to Expect
Hi, I'm Michele and I'm running the group in Falmouth.
Our regular Quiet Meet Up groups are a safe space for those of us who are quieter and feel anxious in social situations. In becoming part of our quiet community, you'll feel a sense of belonging and develop a genuinely understanding peer support network, making new friends and supporting each other as you stretch your comfort zones and grow together.
Here's what you can expect:
- It's okay to talk, and it's okay to be quiet too. We understand that you may prefer to ease into conversation gradually, or that some days you might like to sit quietly with a good book whilst still in the company of others. We welcome quietude and chatter.
- We encourage you to go at your own pace. There's never any pressure to participate more than what feels right and good for you.
- You can observe first. Want to get a feel for the group or an activity before deciding you want to have a go? Great, you absolutly can do that!
- We provide conversation starters on the tables. Because we know that getting to know new people can be challenging! So we've done the tricky part for you, and provided some interesting (and playful!) questions that you can ask your neighbour.
- We run optional activities each week! From wellbeing, to creativity, to practising your social abilities. There'll be something new for you to have a go at, stretch your comfort zone and help grow your confidence. And you can bring your own books, crochet etc. along too!
- There's teas, coffee's and hot chocolates. Because... well you can't really have a meet up without them!
Where to Find Us
Fairwinds Community Hub, 33 Church Street, Falmouth, TR11 3DX
Fairwinds is located in Falmouth high street next to Church of King Charles the Martyr, Falmouth.
- From Asda take the A39 into Falmouth - 3 Miles
- Turn left onto Kimberly Park Road
- Follow the road down into and through Falmouth town, where you will come across the car parks listed below and Fairwinds on the right.
Falmouth Town Station is an 8 minute walk (0.4 Miles)
Buses run daily to Falmouth from most local towns. There is a circular bus route around Falmouth (366 & 367 services) run by OTS.
- Custom House Quay Car Park (0.1 miles) Church Street, Falmouth, TR11 3JT
- All days 5pm - Midnight (Accessible after 4pm)
- Evening Session - £1.70
- Well Lane Car Park (0.1 Miles) Ortschaft, New St, Falmouth, TR11 3HX
- All days 5pm - Midnight
- Evening Session - £1.70
- Maritime Museum Car Park (0.3 miles), Avenue Rd, Falmouth TR11
- £2 per hour. Pay on exit.
(Fees accurate at time of posting)
The whole cafe is our space in the evening, so you know that it's only us Quieteers in the room when you walk through the door into the cafe.
There's a toilet just outside of the room (through the grey doors in the photo above) which you can use at any time.
When you arrive, you'll be greeted by Michele (see her photo above) and Daniel (tall, bearded guy with dark hair).
If you would rather be met outside of the cafe, so you have someone to walk in with, we can help with that - just send Michele a message at [email protected] to let us know this will be helpful, and she will arrange this for you.
How to Join In...
You don't need to register to come along, it's okay to simply turn up on the day!
That said, it is really helpful for us if you sign up using the form on this page for three reasons:
- We can easily contact you if for any reason there is a change in the schedule, such as due to team sickness or the venue being suddenly unavailable.
- We can contact you before you join to say hello and answer any questions that you have and put you at ease before we meet in person - a lot of people find this really beneficial and they feel so much more relaxed when they join!
- Our funders require us to seek feedback from group participants, so our team would love to contact you every now and then to ask if you'd like to share your experience through a short survey.
It's your choice though! And either way, I'm looking forward to meeting you at the group.