Hayle Quiet Connections
Join us for a regular Quiet Meet Up in Hayle where it's okay to talk, and it's okay to be quiet too. Every Tuesday 4-6pm.
Weekly Community Group in Hayle
Every Tuesday 4-6pm. STARTING 12th JULY!
A weekly group with optional acitivities to help you gently connect with others, discover new friendships, stretch your comfort zone, try new things and feel like you belong.
You must register to let us know you are coming.
You’ll be part of a friendly group of like-minded individuals with similar feelings and stories in a relaxed and welcoming environment. Use the time and space to quietly connect and enjoy yourself in a way that feels comfortable for you.
We know how scary it can be meeting new people and going to new places so we believe that getting as far as the car park and through the door is a huge win for many of us! There's no need to set a big goal to speak and participate, you're invited to go at your own pace.
What to Expect
Hi, I'm Michele and I'm running the group in Hayle.
Our regular Quiet Meet Up groups are a safe space for those of us who are quieter and feel anxious in social situations. In becoming part of our quiet community, you'll feel a sense of belonging and develop a genuinely understanding peer support network, making new friends and supporting each other as you stretch your comfort zones and grow together.
Here's what you can expect:
- It's okay to talk, and it's okay to be quiet too. We understand that you may prefer to ease into conversation gradually, or that some days you might like to sit quietly with a good book whilst still in the company of others. We welcome quietude and chatter.
- We encourage you to go at your own pace. There's never any pressure to participate more than what feels right and good for you.
- You can observe first. Want to get a feel for the group or an activity before deciding you want to have a go? Great, you absolutly can do that!
- We provide conversation starters on the tables. Because we know that getting to know new people can be challenging! So we've done the tricky part for you, and provided some interesting (and playful!) questions that you can ask your neighbour.
- We run optional activities each week! From wellbeing, to creativity, to practising your social abilities. There'll be something new for you to have a go at, stretch your comfort zone and help grow your confidence.
- There's teas, coffee's and hot chocolates. Because... well you can't really have a meet up without them!
Where to Find Us
Philip Sith Annexe, Hayle Daycare Centre, Commercial Rd, Hayle, TR27 4DE
The Phillip Smith Annexe is to the right of Hayle Daycare Centre located opposite copperhouse pool, on the estuary.
- By Car: From St Ives, Head southwest on Higher Stennack/B3306 towards Alexandra Road. Turn left onto B3311. Continue onto Mill Hill. Take the 3rd exit at the roundabout onto Nut Lane/A3074. Take the 1st exit at St Erth Roundabout onto Griggs Hill/B3301. Continue through Hayle on the B3301. Hayle Daycare Centre is on the left.
By Bus: There is a bus stop outside the Daycare Centre. Plan your bus route here.
- By Train: Hayle train station is a 10min walk away.
- There are several free spaces reserved for Hayle Daycare Centre in front of the building.
The building is situated on the same grounds as Cornwall Council Commercial Road Car Park. If there are no spaces available then you can use the pay and display long stay car park. Commercial Road Car Park:
- Up to 1 hour 80p
- 1 to 2 hours £2.20
- 2 to 3 hours £3.70
(Fees accurate at time of posting)
The whole Annexe is our space in the evening, so you know that it's only us Quieteers in the room when you walk through the door.
There's a toilet just outside of the room, to the left as you enter the building, which you can use at any time.
When you arrive, you'll be greeted by Michele (see her photo above).
If you would rather be met outside of the Annexe, so you have someone to walk in with, we can help with that - just send Michele a message at [email protected] to let us know this will be helpful for you, and she will arrange to meet you.
Please pick the date that you would like to attend the group on the calendar. You'll want to reserve your space each time you attend.
When you register, Michele will reach out to you ahead of your first time joining the group to say hello and help ease any anxieties you may have around coming, help connect you with others, and answer any questions you have.
You may also email Michele at [email protected] if you have any questions or want a chat before joining to put you at ease, or just to see if this gathering is what you're looking for.
Important: Covid-19 Safety Instructions
For the safety of our group, please do not attend if you or someone you live with:
- have any Covid symptoms (including cough, temperature, change in sense of smell or taste; headache; sore throat; an unusually runny nose or sneezing)
- Our team will have hand sanitiser available
Thank you for your help to keep all our participants and their loved ones safe.