Helston Quiet Connections
Join us for a regular Quiet Meet Up in Helston where it's okay to talk, and it's okay to be quiet too. Every Tuesday 10am-Midday.
Weekly Community Group in Helston
Every Tuesday 10am-Midday.
A weekly group with optional acitivities to help you gently connect with others, discover new friendships, stretch your comfort zone, try new things and feel like you belong.
You must register to let us know you are coming.
You’ll be part of a friendly group of like-minded individuals with similar feelings and stories in a relaxed and welcoming environment. Use the time and space to quietly connect and enjoy yourself in a way that feels comfortable for you.
We know how scary it can be meeting new people and going to new places so we believe that getting as far as the car park and through the door is a huge win for many of us! There's no need to set a big goal to speak and participate, you're invited to go at your own pace.
What to Expect
Hi, I'm Michele and I'm running the group in Helston.
Our regular Quiet Meet Up groups are a safe space for those of us who are quieter and feel anxious in social situations. In becoming part of our quiet community, you'll feel a sense of belonging and develop a genuinely understanding peer support network, making new friends and supporting each other as you stretch your comfort zones and grow together.
Here's what you can expect:
- It's okay to talk, and it's okay to be quiet too. We understand that you may prefer to ease into conversation gradually, or that some days you might like to sit quietly with a good book whilst still in the company of others. We welcome quietude and chatter.
- We encourage you to go at your own pace. There's never any pressure to participate more than what feels right and good for you.
- You can observe first. Want to get a feel for the group or an activity before deciding you want to have a go? Great, you absolutly can do that!
- We provide conversation starters on the tables. Because we know that getting to know new people can be challenging! So we've done the tricky part for you, and provided some interesting (and playful!) questions that you can ask your neighbour.
- We run optional activities each week! From wellbeing, to creativity, to practising your social abilities. There'll be something new for you to have a go at, stretch your comfort zone and help grow your confidence.
- There's teas, coffee's and hot chocolates. Because... well you can't really have a meet up without them! (Sometimes there may even be pancakes!)
Where to Find Us
Inn & Still, (Previously The Seven Stars) 36 Coinagehall St, Helston TR13 8EB
- Inn & Still is located within Helston town centre.
- When walking from Tyacke carpark; walk down the alleyway into town so that you pass the council offices and the sunken garden on your left. Turn left and walk down through the town. Inn & Still is on the left just past the Post Office.
- When walking from Wendron Street Carpark; Turn right out of the car park, walk down the hill, over the road at the traffic lights. Walk down the hill. The Inn & Still is past the Post Office on the left.
- There is a bus stop outside the Inn & Still. Plan your route here.
- Tyacke Road Car Park, 5 Track Road, Helston
- Turn at the Peugeot garage onto Grange Road. Follow the road down and at the junction turn right onto Tyacke Road. Follow the road into Tyacke Road car park.
- £1.50 up to 2 hours / £3.50 for 2-3 hours
- This car park includes Just Park Phone app parking
- Wendron Street car park, 38-40 Wendron St, Helston TR13 8PS.
- Drive down through Helston, Right at the traffic lights, Up the one way system. The car park is on the left.
- £1.00 for up to 2 hours / £1.70p for 2-3 hours
- We'll be meeting upstairs, in a private space to ourselves.
- When entering the building, walk through the double doors, then past the sitting area, take a right to the stairs and walk up.
- A Quiet Connections sign will be placed on the door, so that it is easily identifiable for you. Look for Michele.
How to Join In...
You don't need to register to come along, it's okay to simply turn up on the day!
That said, it is really helpful for us if you sign up using the form on this page for three reasons:
- We can easily contact you if for any reason there is a change in the schedule, such as due to team sickness or the venue being suddenly unavailable.
- We can contact you before you join to say hello and answer any questions that you have and put you at ease before we meet in person - a lot of people find this really beneficial and they feel so much more relaxed when they join!
- Our funders require us to seek feedback from group participants, so our team would love to contact you every now and then to ask if you'd like to share your experience through a short survey.
It's your choice though! And either way, I'm looking forward to meeting you at the group.