Helston Quiet Connections
Join us for a regular Quiet Meet Up in Helston where it's okay to talk, and it's okay to be quiet too. Every Tuesday 10am-Midday.
Weekly Community Group in Helston
Every Tuesday 10am-Midday.
A weekly group with optional acitivities to help you gently connect with others, discover new friendships, stretch your comfort zone, try new things and feel like you belong.
You must register to let us know you are coming.
You’ll be part of a friendly group of like-minded individuals with similar feelings and stories in a relaxed and welcoming environment. Use the time and space to quietly connect and enjoy yourself in a way that feels comfortable for you.
We know how scary it can be meeting new people and going to new places so we believe that getting as far as the car park and through the door is a huge win for many of us! There's no need to set a big goal to speak and participate, you're invited to go at your own pace.
What to Expect
Hi, I'm Michele and I'm running the group in Helston.
Our regular Quiet Meet Up groups are a safe space for those of us who are quieter and feel anxious in social situations. In becoming part of our quiet community, you'll feel a sense of belonging and develop a genuinely understanding peer support network, making new friends and supporting each other as you stretch your comfort zones and grow together.
Here's what you can expect:
- It's okay to talk, and it's okay to be quiet too. We understand that you may prefer to ease into conversation gradually, or that some days you might like to sit quietly with a good book whilst still in the company of others. We welcome quietude and chatter.
- We encourage you to go at your own pace. There's never any pressure to participate more than what feels right and good for you.
- You can observe first. Want to get a feel for the group or an activity before deciding you want to have a go? Great, you absolutly can do that!
- We provide conversation starters on the tables. Because we know that getting to know new people can be challenging! So we've done the tricky part for you, and provided some interesting (and playful!) questions that you can ask your neighbour.
- We run optional activities each week! From wellbeing, to creativity, to practising your social abilities. There'll be something new for you to have a go at, stretch your comfort zone and help grow your confidence.
- There's teas, coffee's and hot chocolates. Because... well you can't really have a meet up without them! (Sometimes there may even be pancakes!)
Where to Find Us
Plant Nursery, Wendron, Helston TR13 0LR
- Wendron Pancake Barn and Plant Nursery is located just outside of Helston on the B3297 (The Redruth to Helston Road) between the Lowertown roundabout and the turning for Trannack School.
- It's a 4 min drive from Tesco.
- The closest bus stop is Trenethick Fields, followed by a 7 minute walk along the road.
- Wendron Pancake Barn and Plant Nursery has a free car park.
- Follow the driveway all the way to the end to park.
- Click here for a video showing how to find the place
- We'll be meeting in a private room; a shipping container adjacent to the cafe, shown in the photo.
- From the car park, walk towards the small building past the animals. Turn left at the Pancake Barn past the play area on your left. The room has sliding doors and looks out onto the play area. As shown in the photos. Look for Michele.
- You can check out the venue at www.wendronpancakebarn.co.uk
Please pick the date that you would like to attend the group on the calendar. You'll want to reserve your space each time you attend.
When you register, Michele will reach out to you ahead of your first time joining the group to say hello and help ease any anxieties you may have around coming, help connect you with others, and answer any questions you have.
You may also email Michele at [email protected] if you have any questions or want a chat before joining to put you at ease, or just to see if this gathering is what you're looking for.
Important: Covid-19 Safety Instructions
For the safety of our group, please do not attend if you or someone you live with:
- have tested positive for Covid in the last 7 days
- are waiting on results of a Covid-19 test
- have any Covid symptoms including any type of new cough; a temperature or feeling hot to touch; a change in sense of smell or taste; headache; sore throat; or an unusually runny nose or sneezing
- Our team will take rapid lateral flow tests before attending. Where possible, please take a test prior to coming along to reduce the risk of Covid-19 at this event further. Thank you for your help to keep all our participants and their loved ones safe.