Liskeard Quiet Connections
Join us for a regular Quiet Meet Up in Liskeard where it's okay to talk, and it's okay to be quiet too. Every Wednesday 7-9pm.
Weekly Community Group in Liskeard.
Every Wednesday 7-9pm. STARTING SEPTEMBER 28TH.
A weekly group with optional acitivities to help you gently connect with others, discover new friendships, stretch your comfort zone, try new things and feel like you belong.
You must register to let us know you are coming.
You’ll be part of a friendly group of like-minded individuals with similar feelings and stories in a relaxed and welcoming environment. Use the time and space to quietly connect and enjoy yourself in a way that feels comfortable for you.
We know how scary it can be meeting new people and going to new places so we believe that getting as far as the car park and through the door is a huge win for many of us! There's no need to set a big goal to speak and participate, you're invited to go at your own pace.
What to Expect
Hi, I'm Ellie and I'm running the group in Liskeard.
Our regular Quiet Meet Up groups are a safe space for those of us who are quieter and feel anxious in social situations. In becoming part of our quiet community, you'll feel a sense of belonging and develop a genuinely understanding peer support network, making new friends and supporting each other as you stretch your comfort zones and grow together.
Here's what you can expect:
- It's okay to talk, and it's okay to be quiet too. We understand that you may prefer to ease into conversation gradually, or that some days you might like to sit quietly with a good book whilst still in the company of others. We welcome quietude and chatter.
- We encourage you to go at your own pace. There's never any pressure to participate more than what feels right and good for you.
- You can observe first. Want to get a feel for the group or an activity before deciding you want to have a go? Great, you absolutly can do that!
- We provide conversation starters on the tables. Because we know that getting to know new people can be challenging! So we've done the tricky part for you, and provided some interesting (and playful!) questions that you can ask your neighbour.
- We run optional activities each week! From wellbeing, to creativity, to practising your social abilities. There'll be something new for you to have a go at, stretch your comfort zone and help grow your confidence.
- There's teas, coffee's and hot chocolates. Because... well you can't really have a meet up without them! (Sometimes there may even be pancakes!)
Where to Find Us
Liskeard Town Council, 3-5 West St, Liskeard PL14 6BW
Liskeard Public Hall is located within the town centre with easy access by car and public transport.
- The closest car park is Westbourne Car Park, which is FREE after 4pm.
- Located behind Co-op and Liskeard
- Two disabled parking spaces located at the top entrance.
- 50 yards from Liskeard Town Council and Public Hall.
Continue on Dobwalls Bypass/ A38, then take the exit towards Liskeard/B3254 merge onto New Road.
- Turn right onto Dean St/B3254. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Barras St/B3254. Turn left onto Barras Pl. Turn left onto West St. Turn left into Westbourne Car Park.
- There is a bus stop outside Lloyds Bank/Post Office. It is a 1 minute walk to the Public Hall.
- Plan Your Bus Route Here.
- Liskeard Train Station is a 14 minute walk away.
- Head North-East along Station Road towards Barn Street. Turn left onto Barras Street. Turn left onto Barras Place. Turn left onto West Street.
- We'll be meeting in the New Liskeard Room, which has its own separate entrance.
- The Public Hall building is noticeable outside due to the two flags
hanging from the side of the building.
- The long building next to the main public hall entrance (with the posters in the windows is the Town
Council building). A plaque reading ‘Town Council Office’ can be seen next to the blue door of this
building. Take the right hand door and follow the stairs up to the New Liskeard room.
How to Join In...
You don't need to register to come along, it's okay to simply turn up on the day!
That said, it is really helpful for us if you sign up using the form on this page for three reasons:
- We can easily contact you if for any reason there is a change in the schedule, such as due to team sickness or the venue being suddenly unavailable.
- We can contact you before you join to say hello and answer any questions that you have and put you at ease before we meet in person - a lot of people find this really beneficial and they feel so much more relaxed when they join!
- Our funders require us to seek feedback from group participants, so our team would love to contact you every now and then to ask if you'd like to share your experience through a short survey.
It's your choice though! And either way, I'm looking forward to meeting you at the group.
All the best,