Happy Birthday Quiet Connections!
We're turning 5 and you're invited to join us for a quiet celebration at Carnglaze Caverns
QC Birthday Celebrations
Thursday 12th May from 11am.
What we're doing: A peaceful walk through the Terrace Gardens, to the Enchanted Dell.
Then we’ll munch on our picnics in a small outdoor marquee with some lovely cakes provided by QC to celebrate our 5th Birthday! (the marquee will be reserved just for us).
After that, we will venture into Cornwall's only slate mine, on a self-guided underground tour.
Permissions: As always, you are welcome to join in with any part of the day and sit back when you want to as well. There's no pressure to explore the caverns or to take the walk. In fact, if there's over 16 of us attending, we'll be exploring the caverns in two groups.
Meeting Point: We will meet in the carpark of Carnglaze Caverns at 11am. Look for Michele, Hayley & Stacie.
Venue: Carnglaze Caverns near Liskeard, to view the location you can visit www.carnglaze.com
Cost: The cost is £6 per person as Caroline who runs Carnglaze Caverns have very kindly offered us the concession rate. If you cannot afford this, please email us and we can help with funding.
Booking: You must register to let us know you are coming by Weds 11th May.
What will happen on the day?
- We will start with a Wander through the Terrace Garden along its zigzag pathways, through woodland flowers to the Enchanted Dell. Set amongst the wooded hillside at Carnglaze is a magical collection of limited edition bronze faeries, mushrooms and dragons. looking out for Hubert’s House, a giant spider and various wood carvings before looping back to the main site: This takes around 25 mins.
- We will then break for our picnics at 12pm and enjoy some homemade QC birthday cakes in the marquee reserved for just us! 😊
- At 1pm we will be equipped with a route plan and safety helmet to go on the self-guided tour through the three chambers of Carnglaze caverns. There are information points throughout the caverns, telling the story of Carnglaze and the miners that worked it. The tour ends with a spectacular view of the caverns Underground Lake with its crystal clear blue/green water.
Hi, I'm Michele!
I'm running the gathering.
Our Quiet Meet Up gatherings are a safe space for those of us who are quieter and feel anxious in social situations.
You’ll be part of a friendly group of like-minded individuals with similar feelings and stories in a relaxed and welcoming environment. Use the time and space to quietly connect and enjoy yourself in a way that feels comfortable for you.
We know how scary it can be meeting new people and going to new places so we believe that getting as far as the car park and through the door is a huge win for many of us! There's no need to set a big goal to speak and participate, you're invited to go at your own pace.
Here's what you can expect:
- It's okay to talk, and it's okay to be quiet too. We understand that you may prefer to ease into conversation gradually, or want to simply enjoy sharing company with others. We welcome quietude and chatter.
- We encourage you to go at your own pace. There's never any pressure to participate more than what feels right and good for you.
Where to Find Us
Carnglaze caverns, St Neot, Liskeard, PL14 6HQ
Parking is FREE. We will meet in the car park at 11am (shown in the photo)
By car: Carnglaze Caverns is located off the A38. From Liskeard, there are brown tourist signs directing to Carnglaze just before Trago Mills.
From the A30, turn off at the sign for Colliford Lake and follow the signs to St Neot. Drive through the village and Carnglaze is about a mile south of the village, on the left.
By train: Bodmin Parkway Station is 5 miles away. Liskeard Station is 7 miles away.
What to bring
- Your own picnic and drink (we’re providing the cake!)
- Layers of clothing - you'll want to keep warm because the Caverns are at a constant 10°C underground.
- Please wear suitable footwear for the woodland walk, and for going down into the caverns. If it has been or is raining it is best to wear wellies or walking boots. If it is dry, trainers will be ok.
- You must bring a face mask with you, as Carnglaze specifically requires all visitors to wear face coverings within the Caverns.
What you need to know
- Carnglaze is home to five recorded species of bats, some of whom sleep and hibernate in the unlit areas, so we must switch off any flash settings on cameras and phones so that the bats are not disturbed.
- There are 50 steps going down to the caverns, so if you experience vertigo it is advised to walk down sideways, holding onto the bannister.
- The Caverns are at a constant 10°C underground.
- There are no confined areas, and all footpaths are lit.
When you register, Michele will reach out to you ahead of the gathering to say hello and help ease any anxieties you may have around coming, help connect you with others, and answer any questions you have.
Important: Covid-19 Safety Instructions
For the safety of our group, please do not attend if you or someone you live with:
- have tested positive for Covid in the last 7 days
- are waiting on results of a Covid-19 test
- have any Covid symptoms (including cough, temperature, change in sense of smell or taste; headache; sore throat; an unusually runny nose or sneezing)
- Our team will take rapid lateral flow tests before attending. Where possible, please take a test prior to coming along to reduce the risk of Covid-19 at this event. Thank you for your help to keep all our participants and their loved ones safe.
Quiet Connections 5th Birthday Party!
Let us know you're coming!
You can unsubscribe at any time.